RELEASE OF HEALTH INFORMATION
Medical and mental health records (protected health information - PHI) are not included in the general university record keeping system. Health records are maintained in compliance with federal and Colorado retention regulations. A confidential health record is created for you upon proof of immunizations, receipt of off-campus medical records and/or after your first visit to the Colorado State University Health Network.
A copy of the privacy practices for the CSU Health Network can be obtained here.
If you are under 18 years of age
Prior health history
- If an incoming student has a chronic medical condition, we recommend their doctor's office send a copy of pertinent medical records to the CSU Health Network.
- Additionally, be sure to complete the Health History form online.
Releasing your health information
- Protected health information cannot be released without your written consent/authorization unless mandated by law. If a patient is 18 years of age or older, we cannot release any information without his/her consent, even to parents. This information includes diagnosis, appointment history, test results, and billing information. A Consent/Authorization to Access or Release Protected Health Information form is available if you would like to release your PHI. This form must be filled out in person at the CSU Health Network or contact us regarding faxing/mailing this form.
- To have health information shared with parents, professors, etc., an Information Exchange form needs to be completed. This form must be filled out in person at the CSU Health Network or contact us regarding faxing/mailing this form.
- The CSU Health Network can record advanced directives in your electronic health record. More information about advanced directives can be found here.
Medical Records Contact Information
Phone: (970) 491-7978
Fax: (970) 491-6007
Colorado State University Health Network
Attn: Medical Records
8031 Campus Delivery
Fort Collins, Colorado 80523-8031